Saturday, March 06, 2010

Wanna Hear What I Sound Like Talking in English?

I stumbled upon an old blog entry from way back when I used to exclusively blog on Xanga. This was the one and only blog entry that has my voice in it, talking (in my most casual accent) to the blog readers. Since I know there are readers here who has never heard my talking voice, I decided to repost this here on Blogger so that you may know what I actually sound like.

The old entry is between the two sets of three asterisks (***).

***

I don't get to speak English much at work here in Malaysia so my English has probably deteriorated with time, but anyways I stumbled upon Southernlass's accent challenge and decided to have a go...

A copy-paste of the list of words:

Syrup
Cement
Route
Rural
Town
Oil
Juror
Lafayette
Havana
Tournament
Oregon
Water
Drawer
Idea
Wash
Terrible
Nine
Five
Park
Caramel
Car
Now
Tire
Thing
MOOOOOO!
This is the accent challenge for my blog of d00000000000m


And my boring voice(s):





Alright there you go. I should probably do a Rojak / Manglish / Singlish version since I speak that too, but I'll stop at two accents.
...
EDIT: Suddenly I am thinking of doing it in a couple of other different voices/accents. Please tell me if you really want me to do so and I'll do it!


EDIT2: Firda and my sister requested some more so here goes. Two other voices I did included below.
This one is an attempt at a movie trailer narrator voice




This one is some kind of American accent I used once or twice for my puppet performances in the past




Shameless plug: Please star and/or recommend if you like the audios, I might do more audio stuff in the future if people like it!


***


What do you think of my voice(s)? Do I sound boring? Haha.

Oh, and if you want, you can have a go at the challenge too. Do tell me in the comments if you are trying. It'll be fun to know how everybody sound like!

 

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Ping Your Podcast