Thursday, July 03, 2008

Singing the 'Star Spangled' Song

I refused to go back to sleep after watching Germany kicking out Portugal 3-2 in the Euro games last 'night' (which started at 2.45 a.m. Malaysian time) so I tried doing some useless stuff to kill time.

So I went to playing with Garageband on my iMac.

It's an application that I am not entirely familiar with, and I have never used it for anything. So I decided to take a shot at this app.

And I ended up recording my singing of the Star Spangled Banner, the U.S. national anthem. And I think I made a mistake in the lyrics so I apologise profusely for that blunder.

Here's a recording of my singing voice (plus some echo effect because it makes my voice seem to sound a little bit better that it really is):

Then I went ahead and made another track, this time a female singing voice:

Then I put both tracks together to make some sort of a duo singing voice:

Again, sorry if these are uncalled for assaults on your auditory senses, because I am not sure if my singing voice is agreeable to most people's standards. I have never received vocal or music education or training, and have only performed twice in front of an audience, both of which ended disastrously.

Why I chose Star Spangled Banner was at first beyond me. I just felt like singing that song this morning, and I think it's a song that a lot of people on Xanga can recognise and relate to, so that's why it's that song and why it's here.

Anyway, here are my requests:

1. honest opinion about my singing voice. please be gentle.

2. opinion about the female singing voice and the duo.

3. again, forgive the mistake I made in the lyrics.

*EDIT:

4. tell me if you notice anything peculiar about the recordings (yes, there is something I would like to tell you but later, if someone's said something about it)

*builds a bunker to hide from annoyed Americans*



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Ping Your Podcast