Friday, December 02, 2011

[Eat-out] The Steamboat Ketam Village

Last night my cousin Liza treated my sisters and I to a steamboat dinner at The Steamboat Ketam Village in IPC Mutiara Damansara.


I ordered the sliced fish set with tom yam soup and iced carrot milk as my drink.


Since I had been eating so much earlier that day, I decided to just have veggies and seafood for the night. I even let my sister have the noodles so I could skimp on the carbs.



Gosh, I can't remember what fish these are, but they're really good. The first few slices were just dumped into the boiling tom yam broth and eaten well-cooked. My sister suggested I have them shabushabu style where I let each slice be lightly simmered in the boiling soup. The end result is a well-cooked outside and a fresh sashimi-like texture inside, which was a more delightful taste. I will definitely be having my fish slices this way for my next steamboat dinner.



As an a la carte add-on I had the Pacific clams which costs an additional 14 bucks. These were really tasty, although they're a bit chewy and tough despite having been boiled in the broth for more than 15 minutes. I didn't mind the chewy texture though.

Overall the service was quick and food was great. The tom yam broth is quite spicy so if you can't stand spiciness I suggest you just order the plain broth. Each table is set for 4 people so it is advisable that you go in fours so that everyone gets to use their own hotplate.

Around dinnertime the place is quite packed despite even during weeknights so you should either come early or make booking arrangements to avoid the long wait.

To my generous cousin Liza, a thousand thanks for treating us to such an awesome dinner! I will return the favor if I get my bonus next month. A big capital IF! :)


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Ping Your Podcast