Sunday, April 10, 2011

Miss the Good Old Days


Seeing double, originally uploaded by ihsankhairir.

I miss the good old days when I used to be much fitter and healthier.

I played basketball, soccer, volleyball and table tennis almost every day.

I gymmed three times a week with a close friend.

I worked double part time jobs five days a week but enjoyed them.

I walked around the town and took random pictures for self-satisfaction.

I was able to jump high enough to slap the basketball backboard.

I walked whenever I needed to get somewhere, instead of driving.

I did Math homework every night with the motivational support of my close friends Cassie, Kristen and Ivan, and their daily gifts of m&m's.

I snowboarded every few weeks during my last few winters.

Went bowling almost every few weekend nights.

I ate free footlong tuna subs almost every day, courtesy of good rapport with the manager of a Subway outlet.

These and possibly many more remain things of the past, that I probably won't be able to do anymore.

Life in the real world plus the constant climate on this part of the globe strikes off most of the stuff on the list above.

Nevertheless, I choose to make the best of what I have and what I am currently going through. Life is too short and precious to be spent wallowing in self pity and wishful reminiscence without shouting carpe diem and making every day as enjoyable as can be.

Here's to everyone having a wonderful day today. Cheers! :)



blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Ping Your Podcast