Thursday, July 16, 2009

Re-chasing Dragonflies

This is a repost of my old entry from last year. Mr. Jemsen asked me in my last post if I have any dragonfly photos and I actually do. Closeup dragonfly photos coming up! (italicized font indicate 'flashback')

[Start flashback]

...

I took a stroll around the lake near the engineering building and saw a couple of dragonflies hovering above the grass... luckily I have a camera on hand so here you go... more pictures of bugs... this time, dragonflies.

So it started out with noticing a dragonfly perched on a blade of grass... (see below)

Dragonfly

So I went in closer for a better shot...

Dragonfly

Closer...

Dragonfly

This was as close as I could get before it flew away. Next thing I knew there were a couple of these beautiful creatures hovering around me. I guess they got accustomed to my presence already.

Dragonfly

A shot of another dragonfly, I think I used the camera's flash and -2 ev for this one.

Dragonfly

Screwed around some more with the camera's settings for this shot. I like how the colors came out.

Dragonfly

There were countless failed attempts at snapping these insects in flight, the most you would ever be able to see is a brown blur in the middle of the photo, so I'm not including those. If only I have in my arsenal a camera fast enough to capture these flying arthropods in flight...

...

[End flashback]


Comments about these old closeup photos are welcome!



blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Ping Your Podcast