Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Should I Blog in a Different Language?


Here's the breakdown of where people who visited this blog this past month came from:

MALAYSIA35.58%
UNITED STATES35%
UNITED KINGDOM5.1%
QATAR4.81%
AUSTRALIA4.71%
SINGAPORE3.27%
INDIA3.27%
PHILIPPINES2.98%
CANADA2.88%
Unknown2.4%
It is apparent that most of the people who read this blog are Americans and Malaysians, and the rest of the countries are mostly English-speaking nations.


I have been tempted to blog in Malay (my native language), since my English has deteriorated so much to the point where it has become so often that I take so long a time to compose even one well-constructed, grammar error-free sentence. But there are more non-speakers of Malay that visit this blog than there are Malay speakers, so I guess it's a better idea to keep writing in English so that I won't end up losing a big chunk of readership.

But still, I feel like I should occasionally blog in other languages. Like in Malay or Japanese. Maybe that would help me reach out to another whole new readership. What do you think? Should I or should I not blog in a different language in addition to English?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Ping Your Podcast