Wednesday, December 01, 2010

I'm Watching You...

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of accompanying several students from my school to a trip up north. One of the stops was Kellie's Castle, an unfinished mansion built in the 18th century by a British businessman who died during the castle's construction.


Anyway, that's not what this post is about. I shall share about the trip and Kellie's Castle some other time.


This post is about the photo of this young monkey with yet another meaningful stare that I shot during the visit.






Due to its small size, I reckoned it to be an adolescent longtailed macaque. I was able to come in close to capture the portrait of this simian with a 35mm lens without it feeling intimidated by my presence. I guess it has become used to human presence in the area since a lot of tourists visit Kellie's Castle especially during the holidays.


This kind of reminded me of another monkey that I shot that was staring, though not at me, but at the distance.


From 'Cape of Monkeys', posted January this year.


I guess monkey stares look more meaningful because of their humanlike faces, which we can relate to better than say, the face of a goldfish or a tuatara.


Once my foot heals (that's for yet another post) I shall seek out opportunities to shoot more meaningful simian stares in the wild.


P/S: You can go here to see all my other monkey posts.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Ping Your Podcast